Set in the heart of the stunning Dartmoor National Park near Widecombe-in-the-Moor, come and experience the beautiful rugged landscape of this unspoilt area of the Southwest of England.
With Llamas and Alpacas becoming more popular and many choices of walking Alpacas especially, we offer what we think is a Unique way to enjoy Dartmoor .
At Dartmoor Llamas we describe our walks more of a Guided Walk on Dartmoor with a Llama (or Alpaca) rather than just a Llama Walk. Steve & Diane started Dartmoor Llamas in 2007, Steve comes from a farming family who’s history on the family farm can be traced back to the 1600s.
We will give you a ﬂavour of the different aspects of the moor whether it be craggy granite tors, heather moorland, patchwork farmland, deep wooded gorges or tumbling rivers. The Dartmoor National Park covers an area of 368 square miles and is the largest and wildest area of open country in southern England. Dartmoor has lots of historic relics from Bronze age Hut Circles to Tin Mining, we will give you lots of information about how it is to live and work on the Moor past and present.
Llamas make ideal walking companions as they are very calm and gentle animals as well as being alert and intelligent, they will gladly carry our picnic whether it be a Cream tea or a two course lunch (they are not called the truck of the Andes for nothing).
For Prices and Descriptions of the walks on offer please go to the Llama Walk page
Our walks include a picnic using locally produced or sourced fresh produce.
We operate our walks from Mid March until end of December, subject to weather, All our walks will start from a pre arranged point on Dartmoor. All walks need to be booked in advance.
Meet Our Llamas & Alpacas
We currently have seven Llamas & two Alpacas that make up our trekking team. They are all friendly and love to walk with you on your trek over Dartmoor.
Llama Trekking On Dartmoor
Dartmoor Llama Walks offer a range of Llama Treks suitable for all abilities that vary in distance. We can also tailor our walks to meet your requirements.
Video of Our Llama Walks & Stunning Views
Griff Rhys Jones Visits Dartmoor Llama Walks
Dartmoor Llama Walks was visited by Griff Rhys Jones during the making of his latest TV Series “Griff’s Great Britain “. We are so pleased to be part of the program and Griff loved being with our Llamas as you can see in our photographs.
Llama Walking Dates
Please see below a list of dates we have walks available to book, we are also available most weekends and other dates by arrangement.
Hot Chocolate walks start again this Autumn.
(This is a short walk with the added option of Hot Chocolate as well as the normal drink options)
Meet & Greet our Llamas and Alpacas on Farm
(School Holidays Only)
Closed on MONDAYS from September
Dates Currently booked in
These walks are subject to Weather conditions
- 17th Oct Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 18th Oct Hot Chocolate Walk 2pm
- 19th Oct FULL
- 20th Oct Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 21st Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 22nd Oct AM FULL
- 22nd Oct Meet & Greet 2pm
- 25th Oct FULL
- 26th Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 27th Oct Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 29th Oct Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 29th Oct Meet & Greet 2pm
- 1st Nov Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 2nd Nov FULL
- 3rd Nov Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 9th Nov Hot Chocolate walk 1pm
- 10th Nov Hot Chocolate Walk 2pm
- 16th Nov Cream Tea Walk 1pm
- 17th Nov Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 22nd Nov Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 23rd Nov Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 24th Nov Cream Tea Walk 1 pm
- 30th Nov FULL
- 1st Dec Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 7th Dec Cream Tea Walk 1pm
- 8th Dec FULL
- 14th Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 15th Dec Hot Choc 10.30am
- 21st Dec Cream Tea Walk 1pm
- 22nd Dec Hot Chocolate Walk TBA
- 23rd Dec Hot Choc Walk TBA
- 24th – 26th CLOSED
- 27th Dec FULL
- 28th Dec Cream Tea Walk (Time TBC)
- 31st Dec Hot Chocolate Walk10.30am
- 1st Jan 20 Lunchtime Walk 11am
- 4th Jan Hot Chocolate Walk (Time TBC)
- 5th Jan Hot Chocolate Walk (Time TBC)
Llama Walks take place on Saturdays, Sundays and two other days in any week.
We will be closing on Jan 6th until 21st March 2020 due to having to cancel so many walks because of bad weather. We may be available for Farm Visits during this time so please ring to discuss.
If there are only a small number of places left on a walk there will be a number in brackets (2)
Payment in Full at time of Booking
N/A = These dates are not available for walks