Due to the latest Covid Legislation we will be closed until the 4th December.
All bookings for November are postponed.
All Gift vouchers dated 21st March will be extended as well as any outstanding Gift vouchers dated 2019
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Set in the heart of the stunning Dartmoor National Park near Widecombe-in-the-Moor, come and experience the beautiful rugged landscape of this unspoilt area of the Southwest of England.
With Llamas and Alpacas becoming more popular and many choices of walking Alpacas especially, we offer what we think is a Unique way to enjoy Dartmoor .
At Dartmoor Llamas we describe our walks more of a Guided Walk on Dartmoor with a Llama (or Alpaca) rather than just a Llama Walk. Steve & Diane started Dartmoor Llamas in 2007, Steve comes from a farming family who’s history on the family farm can be traced back to the 1600s.
We will give you a ﬂavour of the different aspects of the moor whether it be craggy granite tors, heather moorland, patchwork farmland, deep wooded gorges or tumbling rivers. The Dartmoor National Park covers an area of 368 square miles and is the largest and wildest area of open country in southern England. Dartmoor has lots of historic relics from Bronze age Hut Circles to Tin Mining, we will give you lots of information about how it is to live and work on the Moor past and present.
Llamas make ideal walking companions as they are very calm and gentle animals as well as being alert and intelligent, they will gladly carry our picnic whether it be a Cream tea or a two course lunch (they are not called the truck of the Andes for nothing).
For Prices and Descriptions of the walks on offer please go to the Llama Walk page
Our walks include a picnic using locally produced or sourced fresh produce.
We operate our walks from Mid March until end of December, subject to weather, All our walks will start from a pre arranged point on Dartmoor. All walks need to be booked in advance.
Meet Our Llamas & Alpacas
We currently have seven Llamas & two Alpacas that make up our trekking team. They are all friendly and love to walk with you on your trek over Dartmoor.
Llama Trekking On Dartmoor
Dartmoor Llama Walks offer a range of Llama Treks suitable for all abilities that vary in distance. We can also tailor our walks to meet your requirements.
Video of Our Llama Walks & Stunning Views
Griff Rhys Jones Visits Dartmoor Llama Walks
Dartmoor Llama Walks was visited by Griff Rhys Jones during the making of his latest TV Series “Griff’s Great Britain “. We are so pleased to be part of the program and Griff loved being with our Llamas as you can see in our photographs.
Llama Walking Dates
Please see below a list of dates we have walks available to book, we are also available most weekends and other dates by arrangement.
Meet & Greet our Llamas and Alpacas on Farm
Please ask for details
Lunchtime walks Please ask for details
(2.5-3hr walk with Lunch £42)
Closed on MONDAYS
Dates Currently booked in
These walks are subject to Weather conditions
Due to the latest Covid Legislation we will be closed until the 4th December
- 5th December FULL
- 6th December Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am(2)
- 11th December Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 12th Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 13th Dec Half day Walk 11am
- 16th Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 19th Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 20th Dec FULL
- 22nd Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 23rd Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 28th Dec FULL
- 29th Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 30th Dec Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 1st Jan Lunchtime Walk 11am
- 2nd Jan Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 3rd Jan Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 9th Jan Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 10th Jan Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 16th Jan Cream Tea Walk 1pm
- 17th Jan Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 23rd Jan Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 24th Jan Half Day walk 10.30am
- 30th Jan Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 31st Jan Cream Tea Walk 1pm
- 6th Feb Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 7th Feb Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 13th Feb Cream Tea Walk 1pm
- 14th Feb Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 17th Feb Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 18th Feb Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 20th Feb Cream Tea Walk 1pm
- 21st Feb Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 27th Feb Hot Chocolate Walk 10.30am
- 28th Feb Half Day Walk 10.30am
Llama Walks take place on 4 days in any one week (Closed Mondays). If you have a specific date and walk in mind and you are the first to book it will be your choice.
If there are only a small number of places left on a walk there will be a number in brackets (2)
Payment in Full at time of Booking
N/A = These dates are not available for walks