Set in the heart of the stunning Dartmoor National Park near Widecombe-in-the-Moor, come and experience the beautiful rugged landscape of this unspoilt area of the Southwest of England.
We are offering Unique guided Alpaca & Llama Walks on Dartmoor, no need to worry about carrying your picnic lunch as our experienced trekking llamas will carry this for you.
We will give you a ﬂavour of the different aspects of the moor whether it be craggy granite tors, heather moorland, patchwork farmland, deep wooded gorges or tumbling rivers. The Dartmoor National Park covers an area of 368 square miles and is the largest and wildest area of open country in southern England. Dartmoor has lots of historic relics from Bronze age Hut Circles to Tin Mining, we will give you lots of information about how it is to live and work on the Moor past and present.
Llamas make ideal walking companions as they are very calm and gentle animals as well as being alert and intelligent, they will gladly carry our picnic whether it be a Cream tea or a two course lunch (they are not called the truck of the Andes for nothing).
Our walks include a picnic using locally produced or sourced fresh produce, from homemade soup and locally baked bread in the colder months to fresh Scones, Jam and clotted cream.
We operate our walks all year round subject to weather, All our walks will start from a pre arranged point on Dartmoor. All walks need to be booked in advance.
Meet Our Llamas & Alpacas
We currently have five Llamas & four Alpacas that make up our trekking team. They are all friendly and love to walk with you on your trek over Dartmoor.
Llama Trekking On Dartmoor
Dartmoor Llama Walks offer a range of Llama Treks suitable for all abilities that vary in distance. We can also tailor our walks to meet your requirements.
Video of Our Llama Walks & Stunning Views
Griff Rhys Jones Visits Dartmoor Llama Walks
Dartmoor Llama Walks was visited by Griff Rhys Jones during the making of his latest TV Series “Griff’s Great Britain “. We are so pleased to be part of the program and Griff loved being with our Llamas as you can see in our photographs.
Llama Walking Dates
Please see below a list of dates we have walks available to book, we are also available most weekends and other dates by arrangement.
Meet & Greet our Llamas and Alpacas on Farm
(School Holidays Only)
Please ask for details
Dates Currently booked in
These walks are subject to Weather conditions
- 28th April Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 4th May Cream Tea Walk (2)
- 5th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 6th May Short Walk 10.30am
- 8th May Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 11th May Full
- 10th May Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 12th May Full
- 16th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 17th May Short Walk 2pm
- 18th May Short Walk 2pm
- 19th May Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 21st May FULL
- 23rd May Cream Tea 2pm
- 24th May Full
- 25th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 26th May Short Walk 10.30am
- 27th May Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 30th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 1st Jun Full
- 2nd Jun Full
- 4th Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 7th Jun Short Walk Walk 2pm
- 8th Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 9th Jun Half Day Walk 2pm
- 10th Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 11th Jun Half Day 10.30am
- 15th Jun Short Walk 2pm
- 16th Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 20th Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 22nd Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 23rd Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 25th Jun Short Walk 10.30am
- 29th Jun Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 5th Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 6th Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 7th Jul Short Walk 11am
- 8th Jul Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 10th Jul Full
- 13th Jul Short Walk 2pm
- 14th Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 16th Jul Meet & Greet 10.30am
- 19th Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 20th Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 21st Jul Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 23rd Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 26th Jul Short Walk 11am
- 27th Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 28th Jul Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 30th Jul Meet & Greet 10.30am
- 31st Jul Full
- 5th Aug Full
- 6th Aug Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 10th Aug Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 11th Aug Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 12th Aug Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 15th Aug Full
- 18th Aug Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 10th Sept Full
- 19th Sept Cream Tea Walk 2pm
Closed Wednesdays except School Holidays
If there are only a small number of places left on a walk there will be a number in brackets (2)
The dates above are for walks we have booked in, please call if you have another date in mind.
Payment in Full at time of Booking
N/A = These dates are not available for walks