Set in the heart of the stunning Dartmoor National Park near Widecombe-in-the-Moor, come and experience the beautiful rugged landscape of this unspoilt area of the Southwest of England.
We are offering a range of guided Alpaca & Llama Walks on Dartmoor, no need to worry about carrying your picnic lunch as our experienced trekking llamas will carry this for you.
We will give you a ﬂavour of the different aspects of the moor whether it be craggy granite tors, heather moorland, patchwork farmland, deep wooded gorges or tumbling rivers. The Dartmoor National Park covers an area of 368 square miles and is the largest and wildest area of open country in southern England. Dartmoor has lots of historic relics from Bronze age Hut Circles to Tin Mining, we will give you lots of information about how it is to live and work on the Moor past and present.
Llamas make ideal walking companions as they are very calm and gentle animals as well as being alert and intelligent, they will gladly carry our picnic whether it be a Cream tea or a two course lunch (they are not called the truck of the Andes for nothing).
Our walks include a picnic using locally produced or sourced fresh produce, from homemade soup and locally baked bread in the colder months to fresh Scones, Jam and clotted cream.
We operate our walks all year round subject to weather, All walks need to be booked in advance.
Meet Our Llamas & Alpacas
We currently have six Llamas & two Alpacas that make up our trekking team. They are all friendly and love to walk with you on your trek over Dartmoor.
Llama Trekking On Dartmoor
Dartmoor Llama Walks offer a range of Llama Treks suitable for all abilities that vary in distance. We can also tailor our walks to meet your requirements.
Video of Our Llama Walks & Stunning Views
Griff Rhys Jones Visits Dartmoor Llama Walks
Dartmoor Llama Walks was visited by Griff Rhys Jones during the making of his latest TV Series “Griff’s Great Britain “. We are so pleased to be part of the program and Griff loved being with our Llamas as you can see in our photographs.
Llama Walking Dates
Please see below a list of dates we have walks available to book, we are also available most weekends and other dates by arrangement.
Dates Currently booked in
These walks are subject to Weather conditions
- 24th March Half Day walk 11am
- 1st April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 2nd April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 4th Apr Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 6th Apr Short Walk 10.30am
- 8th April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 10th April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 12th April Full
- 14th April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 20th April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 21st April Full
- 22nd April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 27th April Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 29th April Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 5th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 6th May Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 7th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 11th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 13th May Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 18th May Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 20th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 26/27th May N/A
- 29th May Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 2nd June Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 4th June Short Walk 10.30am
- 10th June Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 16th June Short Walk 10.30am
- 17th June Cream Tea Walk 2pm
- 22nd June Short Walk 2pm
- 24th June Cream Tea walk 2pm
- 29th June Half Day Walk 10.30am
- 21st Jul Full
- 31st Jul-2nd Aug N/A
More Dates will be added shortly.
The dates above are for walks we have booked in, please call if you have another date in mind.
Payment in Full at time of Booking
N/A = These dates are not available for walks